Infinite Body Piercing logo

ID Requirements & Piercing Age Restrictions

You must be at least 18 years old (or 16 years old, with a parent or guardian present) for any service from our piercers. We need your ID every time you request any procedure, even if you have shown it on a prior occasion. For our documentation, we must have valid (i.e., non-expired) original forms of ID; photocopies are not valid—unless the copy is notarized as being true to the original.

If you still have any questions about acceptable ID’s, please give us a call before you make the trip. We don’t like turning away clients, so we’ll do our best to work with what you have to help you meet our ID requirements. For more information about rules for piercing and tattoo studios in Philadelphia, check out the Philadelphia Body Art Regulations.

Acceptable Forms of ID
  • Driver’s License 
  • Passport
  • Military ID
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Federal or State-issued photo ID
  • College or school photo ID
  • Birth Certificate
  • Work photo ID
  • Voter Registration
  • Temporary Driver’s License
  • Driver’s Permit

For Minors

We offer piercing services on minors at least 16 years old with a parent or legal guardian present. In accordance with Philadelphia regulations, we cannot offer any services to clientele younger than 16 years of age, even with parental consent. (This also means we cannot perform ear piercings on babies or young children.)

For any piercing or jewelry insertion service for a minor, the minor will need a valid (non-expired) government-issued document that shows their date of birth as well as a photo ID. A driver’s license or state ID satisfies both requirements.  However, if the minor does not have such an ID, a birth certificate in conjunction with school or work photo ID will work as well. In addition, we will need a valid (non-expired) ID from the parent or legal guardian that proves they have legal responsibility for the minor. This could include a driver’s license with matching last names and addresses to the minor’s ID, or any government-issued photo ID with a name that appears on the minor’s birth certificate or guardianship paperwork.

Most importantly, all documents must be original, or notarized copies of the original.

The easiest way to prove a minor’s age and relationship to their parent/guardian is with the following:

Minor Has Parent/Guardian Has
  • Driver’s License
  • Driver’s License, State, or Federal ID with the same last name and address that appears on minor’s ID.
  • Federal or State-issued photo ID
  • Driver’s Permit plus photo School/Work ID


If the minor does not have the above ID, or the last name and/or address on the parent/guardian’s ID does not match the minor’s ID, the following may be used:

Minor’s ID


Parent/Guardian ID

  • Driver’s License
  • Birth Certificate
  • Valid photo ID with name as appears on birth cert. or guardianship papers
  • Federal or State-issued photo ID
  • Guardian Paperwork or Legal Custody Documents
  • Important: If the name that appears on the parent/guardian’s ID has changed since the original documents were issued, a marriage license or change-of-name form must also be presented.
  • Driver’s Permit with School/Work photo ID
  • School or Work photo ID with Birth Certificate
  • Military ID
  • Passport


Please be aware: we reserve the right to decline performing certain piercings on minors, and we do not offer surface piercings or surface anchors, cheek piercings, nipple piercings, or genital piercings to clients under 18 years of age.

We understand this can be difficult and confusing. If you have any questions about what you need to bring, please give us a call beforehand. We hate turning away clients, so we’ll do our best to work with you.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on TumblrEmail this to someone